We are happy to let you know that we are open, for service users only of St Joseph’s Foundation, on the following days & times:
- Tuesdays: 3:30pm -7:00pm
- Wednesdays: 3:30pm -7:00pm
- Every 2nd Saturday 2:00pm -5:00pm * please contact pool to confirm Saturday dates
Everybody must book in, via pool staff, through our booking page on the website (at bottom of this page) or by calling 063 33620 or 087 0226313
Available for service users only of St Joseph’s Foundation NOT open to the general public
All about St. Josephs Foundation Hydrotherapy Pool, in Charleville.
St Joseph’s Foundation hydrotherapy pool is a great way to introduce children of all ages and adults to the joy of the water, in a safe, warm and comfortable environment.
- Our Hydrotherapy Pool measures 12 x 6 metres and we also have an adjoining baby pool, which has a step access to the main pool
- The water temperature is an average 32°C.
- The Hydrotherapy Pool has a range of therapeutic jets.
- Access to the pool is via the steps with a railing either side or by using the supervised poolside hoist.
- Our specially adapted dressing rooms are spacious and accessible to all.
- Hoists, baby changing facilities, toddler seats & Family changing area’s all available for use, under supervision.
What is Hydrotherapy:
Hydrotherapy is the use of water at an increased temperature for the maintenance of health, the treatment of disability to relieve pain and promote physical wellbeing.
Hydrotherapy may help people with the following:
- Low back pain, neck pain and soft tissue injuries.
- Arthritis and Osteoarthritis.
- Post orthopedic surgery (hip and knee replacements, fractures).
- Parkinsons Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis.
- Cerebral Palsy.
- Sports rehabilitation, spinal injuries & post amputation.
The Benefits of Hydrotherapy may include:
- Help in achieving physiotherapy and occupational therapy goals.
- Maintaining and increasing joint range of motion.
- Activating and strengthening weak muscles.
- Improving core stability, toning and shaping the body.
- Improving motor skills, balance and coordination
- Improving posture and gait
- Help with joint, muscle, tendon and ligament injuries.
- Help with back, foot and hip problems.
- Reducing stress on hips and knee joints.
- Reducing muscle spasm.
- Freedom of movement and independent mobility for wheelchair users.
- Help to build children’s confidence through baby and toddler groups.
Tel: (063) 33620 direct line